First – identify a champion for enabling engagement in each business unit.
Secondly – understand the conditions that need to exist for employees to enable engagement such as:
– well led and managed
– oppportunities for growth
– voice, informed, listened to, involved
– great relationships
– work fits well with my personal goals and beliefs
– part of a progressive company
– a great working environment
Remember the self fulfilling prophecy – “why dont things change?”
Employees need to be empowered to make things change.
So instead of encountering the disempowering questions such as “how can this happen to me after all I did for the company?”
Create an environment of empowering questioning like, “what can I do to change the situation and become an agent of change or come up with new ideas?”