If you want the most out of your people, employee recognition must be high on your agenda. It promotes employee engagement and motivates employees to truly care about the well-being of your company. The challenge is to implement effective reward programmes that deliver genuine employee recognition at a time when you have a limited budget and are in an economically challenging environment.
6 simple tips to consider:
1. Reinforce Recognition – use every opportunity in the recognition process to show your appreciation; on paper, online and in person
2. Communication – personalised letters and certificates of appreciation enhance the recognition experience
3. Engage – use the opportunity to address employees and communicate your vision
4. Transparency – establish fair nomination and evaluation processes for performance rewards
5. Timely – excellence in performance needs to be acknowledged promptly to be most effective
6. Reward the right things – make sure you are setting the right metrics and rewarding the correct behavours and outcomes