The Government published its legislation programme for summer 2011 within the last few weeks which included bills in contemplation but not yet drafted. But a number of employment related bills we were expecting were not on that list such as:
- Minimum Wage –despite the coalitions promises to reverse the €1.00 deduction, it is not in the programme this time to be changed.
- Temporary Agency Workers Directive – it was expected that the EU Directive would be transported into Irish Law this year.
- Parental Leave Directive – again this was expected this year
- Employment Law Compliance Bill – which would put NERA on to a statutory footing was not on the list.
- Employment Agency Regulations Bill – again not on the list